Thursday, May 20, 2004

Ginger, you are MY HERO!

Knee-minus-4 months: May, 2004:
I was in Holland on business, and met the wife of a business colleague who had BOTH knees replaced in March 2004. Three months later, she was walking 3+ miles per day, and had flown to Holland without discomfort. I was shocked. How could she recover so quickly? She claimed that she did TKR rehab exercises for 3 months before surgery, and that this strengthened her leg muscles to the point where she flew through rehab. She sent me the exercises --- which turned out to be standard knee rehab exercises, readily available on the web, and very similar to the exercises I’ve been doing on and off for 34 years.


We came back to the States, and I began to do quad sets, straight leg raises, and short arcs 3 or 4 times a week.