Sunday, October 31, 2004

Slant board design and construction

Knee-plus-32 days, 31-Oct-04, Sunday:
I made a slant board for stretching today. Very cool. I had reached my positive limit re calf stretches with the towel, and fell in love with the stretch board at the PT suite. Simple simple concept, but very effective.


I'll take a photo and try to insert it here. The slant board is just a simple box. A 1x8 board forms the high end (the back). A piece of 3/4" plywood forms the surface for your feet, and slants from the top of the back to flat on the floor. A second 1x8 is ripped on the diagonal to form two triangles which become the sides. The plywood top is screwed to the sides and the high-end (back). I cut a belt sander belt in half to form two traction strips for my feet.

Why did I do this? I was not able to get a good stretch and extension any other way. I can now stand on the slant board, lean forward from my ankles (towards a wall to keep me from falling over) and REALLY stretch out the back of my knees. This is wonderful.

2X full sets AHPT, including the bike. 1X mi walk.