Sunday, October 03, 2004

Up, down. Up, down. Up, down. All night long.

Knee-plus-four days, 3-Oct-2004, Sunday:
It was amazing how quiet it is at home, in comparison to the hospital.

Saturday night was full of naps and urinations. I slept for an hour or two or three, got up, urinated, took a percocet (if the schedule allowed), and went back to sleep.

At-Home Physical Therapy (AHPT) was a little frustrating. I had trouble figuring out how to flex the knee adequately (duplicating the wheel chair roll). Knee slides on the bed just were not giving me the flexion I could do in the hospital. The swelling I experienced after removal of the Ace bandage was still more than I was comfortable with. I began rolling an 8 or 9” plastic ball under my foot as I sat on the edge of the bed, and this seemed to work very well.
I walked around the driveway repeatedly (ca. 300 ft), using the walker. It felt good to be outdoors.