Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Knee-plus-ten-months: my TKR is still going strong

It's been more than ten months since my TKR. 

I work about 3 miles from home.  I can walk it (but I do limit this to good weather). 

I can ride a bicycle comfortably.  Longest bike rides have been in the 5 mile range.  Uphill is not a problem.  Standing is not a problem.

I can and do kneel regularly. 

I am once again actively gardening.  I mow the lawn weekly.  I use a big ol' rototiller.  I rake and hoe.  I kneel.  I squat.  Yes, I still tend to sit cross-legged to weed or plant.  I can straddle my 3 to 4 ft wide garden beds to weed, seed, plant, harvest. 

And we're planning a vacation in which we plan to hike up a 14,000 ft mountain in Colorado.  With luck, I'll have pictures by the eleventh month anniversary. 

I know how lucky and blessed I am to have had such a positive TKR experience.  But I absolutely love it!