Monday, October 18, 2004

When can I go back to work?

Knee-plus-19 days, 18-Oct-2004, Monday:
Sleep last night was much improved. I reduced fluid intake last evening, and backed off on the percocet (1 tab at 730 AM, and then none until 1 AM, and then nothing until 730 AM Monday).

PT went smoothly. Did a reduced set pre-PT (at home), and loosened up by slowly working on the bike. The PTers did a "re-assessment" (OKing additional authorization from insurer) --- I was making good progress. Target for this week is 120 degrees flexion. Today, active flexion (my control) was at 110. Added mini-lunges to routine.

I would like to do a full set 3X a day this week. 9 AM, 1 PM, 5 PM. Maybe one of those should be replaced with a walk down the block.

When will I go back to work? My wife is thinking the first week of November. I hope to get in some hour-at-a-time time next week.


Next week’s surgeon visit should let me stop wearing TED hose, and should let me stop taking warfarin. Once I am off the warfarin, I can taper down on the percocet and oxycontin, eventually going back to good ol’ ibuprofen.